And the winner is...
Religion & moral; creationism
Let's simply call it Religion Week.
This could get controversial, so i urge everyone who would like to engage in a discussion on this subject, to please try to stay on topic and refrain from going uncivil as much as possible. Our religious beliefs (or lack thereof) and our moral values are a very personal thing which should be respected.
Some points that could be included in the topic:
On Religion & moral & creationism
- Theism, atheism, agnosticism, etc..
- Religion in politics; politicians and their beliefs.
- Religious denominations.
- History of religion and its impact on human history.
- The religious institutions and their role in society.
- The Church & the State.
- Religious conflicts & ethnic conflicts.
- The Abrahamic religions: Christianity, Islam, Judaism. Contemporary issues.
- Eastern religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, etc. Contemporary issues.
- Religious fundamentalism & terrorism.
- Religions of the indigenous peoples, miscellaneous religions.
- More recent religious systems, new religious cults, pseudo-religions, parody religions.
- The holy religious scriptures and their relevance to politics & social life.
- Messianism & End Times.
- Religion and the media.
- Religion & science.
- Evolution & creationism.
- Religion & moral in politics.
- Religion & homosexuality; abortion; civil rights.
- Laws & legislation based on religious principles.
- Faith & reason.
- Religious organizations & societies.
And here's the poll for next week's Weekly Topic (15.03 / 21.03)
What should be the topic of next week?
Education, science & space
Welfare, class warfare & poverty
Propaganda, bias & logic
Authoritarianism & democracy
Energy & environment
Civil & human rights
Economy & finance
Minorities & immigration
Conflicts, wars & terrorism
Law, justice, crime & punishment
International relations & geopolitics
Elections, parties & campaigns
Political & economic philosophies
Third World, charity, aid, disaster relief
(Feel free to suggest new topics for next week).