Future Scenarios for World Development
Sounds intriguing! So let's see roughly what it could include:
- Early futurism in science, art and politics; great thinkers and their theories about the future.
- Futurism in cinema and literature: political and social utopia and dystopia.
- Political movements and think-tanks based on futurism; contemporary authors and theories.
- Peak oil and the technological singularity; doomsday scenarios about societal collapse.
- Radicalism and utopia; utopian-based social and political activism.
- The future of the Western civilization: major factors and prospects for development.
- The multi-polar world and the next world hegemons; geopolitical games of the future.
- When politics meets science: the use of technology for warfare.
- Space colonization and the politics of space.
- Social models and political systems of the past and present, and their legacy.
- Anarchism and revolution, and the role of government in an ever more globalized world.
- International organizations and alliances, and the future of international relations.
- World government, supranational law and institutions; New World Order theories.
- Apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic scenarios; the Brave New World.
- Hypotheses for the long-term destiny of humanity.
And here's the poll for July:
What should be the next monthly topic?
Religion & secularism
Patriotism & chauvinism
Immigration & discrimination
Stimulus & austerity
Poverty & wealth
Family & sexuality
War & peace
Guns & drugs
Children's rights & education
Sports & entertainment
(Feel free to suggest more topics).